Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh yes..we went...and we came home...

Camping!! So, we have wanted to go camping with the Corbett's ever since we got married and it's never worked out...but 5 years and 2 kids later we finally found time to go and actually went! Wow, huh! So, we spent the day getting ready and what a workout that is. Sometimes I wonder why we even go on trips because it's more work getting everything ready and packed than the time we spend there! We get to Birch Creek (about an hour drive), set up camp, get everything in our tents (air mattress blown up, sleeping bags rolled out, pack-n-play set up...the whole works) and it starts raining and rains for about an hour! What fun! I hate the rain when I have to be out in it and get wet because I feel damp for the rest of the day and I get chilled so quick! But anyway, we sit in our tent which the boys loved playing in, the husbands try to cook hotdogs over the rainy fire and then we end up eating boiled hotdogs (don't ask how we got them boiled), everything starts to get wet from all the rain, the rain stops and the biggest prettiest rainbow I've ever seen came out. It's only 7pm, too early to go to bed, everything is wet, our airmattress is FLAT!, the boys are a bit cranky, and we decide that it could be a very long night if we go to bed now, so the husbands went fishing (because that's a big reason why we went camping there), we (the wives with all the children) pack up. We think about staying because the weather is calm and peaceful, but then the wind starts to blow and the dark clouds move in again. Call us chickens, but I don't care! Children and camping in the rain don't go together!
We got home about 11pm, unpacked, and went to bed.
It was still a fun day! This is of the boys when we first got there. They were having a blast with there toys and the dirt! They were all so happy to be outside also!
Yah, this picture was taken after only camping for about 30 minutes! He's awesome! It looks like he has a black eye and a little chocolate on his chin! Nice huh!
Playing in the tent!

I love when they play together! It is so cute! They love each other and will laugh and laugh at eah other!
Kyden loving the pot and spoon while chillin' in the tent.

Braden and Max waiting for there Dad's to come get them to take them fishing.
Our flat air matress! Glad we decided to come home and that it got flat before we slept on it. I used to wonder why my parents needed an air matress, but now I know exactly why! It stinks getting old!!!

Braden sad that we have to go home. He couldn't figure out why I was packing everything back up when we had just got it out.
The proud husbands and there fish!
And Max fell in the creek! Funny now, but not so much at the time!!
Plus, Jason lost his belt somewhere in the packing up which he was bummed about since he has had it since high school or something like that. Oh well, at least we didn't leave one of the boys!! We really did have a good time and it made the weekend a whole lot longer coming home the same day we left! It just stunk that we got everything ready and didn't even use any of it! Oh well, that's life sometimes. Thanks Corbett's for the good time! Hopefully we can make a better memory of camping soon! We did end up going to the Corbett's Saturday morning for breakfast which was fabulous!

7 comments:

The Corbetts said...

Might I add that I was right there watching my kid fall in the water. He was supervised at all times.Ya it was fun We'll have to do it again. Thanks for the cookies and bringing me my binder to me. Your awesome

Odelsa said...

That rain ruins everything sometimes, but I am glad you got a few hours of daylight for playing in the dirt.

Thank you for stopping by yesterday. You always make me happy!

Unknown said...

I would have come home too. Nothing is worse than camping in bad weather. Congrats on the anniversary and birthday.

bridgetrussell said...

I dont blame you at all for coming home. Camping is hard enough with kids, not to mention with all the rain. You sound like you were a good sport about it all. Good job for trying:)

Cass said...

Stinking rain!! I'm glad you had a good time, those boys sure know how to catch a big fish.

Carlson Clan said...

I totally agree with you about the hassle of packing. It's such a pain. Sorry to hear you got rained out but I'm glad you still had fun!

Stefanie Sayre said...

looks like good times. i love camping, but i know what you mean about the work... i can't imaging packing with two kids on top of that. you are amazing!