Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Celebrating 5 years

First, my birthday (a couple weeks ago) was wonderful--full of lots of laundry, being mom, and just the usual Monday stuff! Hee, hee! Fun huh! But birthday just aren't the same anymore and I really don't care. It's more fun to celebrate the kids birthdays. I did get a couple cards and visitors and one special secret admirer amazing brownie desert with paper flowers (thanks secret person--it was fabulous and made my day!) We went to dinner with my parents, sister, and in-laws at Iggy's. Then went back to my parents house for surprise cake. Thanks everyone for a WONDERFUL birthday! I really didn't expect it!
Jason even surprised me with a bike trailor for the boys that I have been wanting for at least a year. I am so excited to use it! I just have to get my bike tuned up now.
Jason has been full of surprises lately! He also surprised me with a one night get-away for our 5 year anniversary (June 18). It wasn't going to work out for us to do anything for our anniversary and I was pretty bummed--not because we usually do anything because we don't usually (last year we were in the MTC sending Jesse on his mission which was amazing though)--I was bummed because 5 years is kind of big and I'm not pregnant or nursing so I have no attatchments and can go anywhere for at least a couple days without being missed too much! I love my boys but it is always nice to get away to appreciate them even more. We went to Utah--Temple Square and Lagoon. I'm not a huge fan of Lagoon (probably since I've been to Disneyland and Lagoon doesn't even compare) but Jason got a good deal on tickets so it was a nice out. Although is was a huge reminder of our wedding day 5 years ago--raining and a bit cold. But we had fun anyway and even got some swimming in at Lagoon a beach.

I love you babe! You are the best! I am so blessed to have you in my life! You are perfect and always help me be a better person. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful husband as you! And you are a great father to our boys. They love you--you can see it in there eyes when they look at you and play with you. You make me laugh! Thanks for putting up with me and my grouchy days! I love you so much! Thanks lover!

3 comments:

The Corbetts said...

That last picture is cute of you guys.

Odelsa said...

you guys are absolutely adorable! That bike trailer is a great gift, I think Jason did a good job!

Cass said...

Man, a secret admirer, I hope it didn't make Jason jealous. So I've talked to you since then, but it did't come up that you had a wonderful anniversary. Good job Jason!!