Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Picnic

We went to Taylor Mountain for a picnic the other night with my family. My moms 2 brothers were killed in a plane crash 30 or so years ago and we went to see where it had crashed. It was everyone's first time seeing it--except my parents. I was so glad that I was able to go. It was different than I've always pictured but it was so peaceful and pretty there. It is weird to think that I have 2 uncles that I have never met and will be waiting for me in heaven. From the things I have heard about them, they seem like they were awesome brothers--they were 19 and 21 years old. I'm excited to someday meet them! Thanks for taking us up there Dad and Mom!!



2 comments:

Crystal Taylor said...

Hey I have been there....I think is one of your uncle's named Ray? Cause if so my dad was good friends with them and in fact my brother Isaac's middle name is after Ray. So I hope its the name uncle or else I just typed a long comment for nothing j/k. My parents took us there about 10 years ago and if I remember right you could kind of still see burnt tree's????? Not sure...

Cass said...

What a great picnic. I knew that about your mom's family but I had completly forgotten. It looks so beautiful there.