Thursday, January 20, 2011

Our Dream Came True!!!!

The swagger wagon! Love this!


Well the time has come for our family to make the big switch from this...
to this...

Never in a million years would we have dreamed of owning a VAN!! But we are now the proud owners of one! After biting our pride a lot, we got a van. My family will laugh forever about this because I vowed I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER drive a van! I strongly disliked our vans growing up and was very adamant about never driving one. I'm now eating my words since I drive a van. To tell you the truth, it really isn't so bad. Once you bite your pride and get over the laughing spells you have every time you drive it, vans aren't so bad. They really are quite convenient with children. The boys LOVE it! Especially the automatic doors! I do have to say that vans have made a huge improvement since I was a kid so they really aren't so bad! I was pretty sad to see our Honda go (loved that thing), but guess it's that time in our lives...bring on the the van family!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me laugh! I also said no way to a van. Guess what we drive? A van. We tried the SUV, but I wouldn't give up my van for anything. You can't beat it! Welcome to the club!

Danielle Bateman said...

I love it! I was just telling Ryan the other day that we can't have another kid because well have to get a van :) You are a good mom! Miss you

Odelsa said...

Everyone I talked to loves their van! I think they are wonderful!!

I husband wont let me have one but for pure convenience who cares about pride? They are great,practical and can fit the whole clan.

I'm glad you found one you like. I'm also glad you came to visit, you always make my day when you come over!!!

Taunya Spaulding said...

ha! ha! that made me laugh cuz me and ashley are the exact same way!! but honestly, vans are cheap and they are big enough to fit a growing family-i think i can swallow my pride for that! :)
and that's actually a nice van that you have! :) glad you found one in such good condition! :) and plus it'll make for some fun memories for your boys! :)

Brittany Mecham said...

Okay this is exactly how I feel!!!! We had to trade in our accord too for a van. And yes I pretty much laugh every time I get in to drive thinking this is so not me to drive a van... but yes I love it too. The space is amazing although I still feel like I'm driving a bus and hate parking because I feel like we are huge! We are trying to figure out what to call it because I hate the word van. We have older black lady out here that we love and she has a van but calls it a truck. All people out here (black) call their vans trucks... ha ha So we might be calling it our truck :) So excited you are having a baby, and its a girl... so fun! We are in the hospital right now with Janie, but things are starting to look up. I will e-mail you soon!