Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas...but it went by way too fast!! We took down all the Christmas stuff yesterday and I have to say it's always nice to get all the space back, but sad to see it go. We prep the whole month of December for Christmas and then bam it's over in a day! I love the magical feeling that Christmas brings--the lights, the music, the family, the love, the presents, the friends, the joy, and most importantly the reminder of the birth of our Savior. It is so fun to have children to share this season with. They bring such joy! They show me what true happiness is and it's so good to have a reminder around all the time. Love them! Being weeks away from delivering another child, I thought a lot about Mary this Christmas. I'm uncomfortable riding in a car for very long--but to think about riding a donkey about kills me. Mary is amazing and I'm grateful for all that she went through to bring the amazing child Jesus Christ into this world so that he could share his life with us!

We spent Christmas everywhere! It's nice to have family so close to share this time with. We went to the movie Tangled Christmas Eve with Peterson's. It was a very cute show and the boys loved it. Then we hit the Searle's house for dinner--fondue. We did a little gift opening...
The gifts the boys got from G&G Searle.
So, I had Bec's name for Christmas this year and we have this running joke about rompers! I was super excited when I found this Miley Cyrus ugly romper that Bec's wearing below at Walmart for $1! Most certainly attractive!!
The boys new jammies! Aren't they handsome!
Everyone with there new pj's (except me--my new ones don't fit because I didn't want to get big pjs since I'm due in a month. I wanted to get something new for after baby is born. I'm getting sick of all my maternity clothes--if you've ever been prego you know how it goes!)
Oh man, this pictures doesn't do justice to how bad this little boy looked! He turned his donut into a pancake and smashed it all over his head and brand new pj's. What a goof! And what a mess to clean up! After exchanging gifts Christmas eve, the Searle's always have hot chocolate and donuts as we sit around angel candles and talk about what we are grateful for or what we have learned in the last year. I love this and it always brings the spirit of Christmas.
Christmas morning before the boys touched a thing.
Call us weird or crazy, but we woke the boys up around 6:15 Christmas morning! We should have slept in as long as they would have, but we wanted to make it to breakfast with the Searle's and then spend some of Christmas morning with the Peterson's so we had to begin our morning early! CRAZY!! I love the bed head and dazed looks on the faces of our boys!
Opening Santa presents! Pretty much all Braden wanted for Christmas were hot wheels and it looks like Santa got the memo!

This little guy always goes straight for the sugar! Who cares about the presents when you have candy! Really!
It's a good thing Santa brought 2 bam bams (a.k.a. drums)--a big and a small--because the little one broke within 30 minutes of opening! And Kyden was not a happy boy! But it sure was a funny sight to see!

Kydens favorite toy--his big bam bam! It went everywhere with us!
Helping Grandpa open presents.
Grandpa and Grandma got a smokin' hot deal on this awesome little remote control/driveable car to play with at there house. The boys think it's pretty cool!


Braden loves to learn so when G-ma P found this Vreader, she had to get it for him. It has been one of his favorites!
Thanks to everyone for making this Christmas wonderful! We look forward to many more to come! (And Kyden keeps asking for more presents! He loved it this year!)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

What a fun Christmas! Your boys are adorable, and yay you only have a month left. I can't wait to see you newest lil' one!