Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who helped you feed Squirt?

A couple Sunday's ago, this is what happened:
Me, my mom, and sister Bec were in my parents bedroom talking.
Bec heard (I didn't): "Go get your mom...Go get your mom right now!!" (a little meaner and a little louder)
Braden came walking in acting normal. I casually (since I didn't realize anything was wrong) asked--
Me: How are you doing?
Braden: Fine.
Me: What have you been doing?
Braden: Feeding the turtle.
Me: Oh, who's helping you?
Braden: Kyden.
Me: Kyden? Just Kyden?
Braden: Yah.
Me: Really. Kyden was helping you. Only Kyden. You and Kyden.
Braden: Yep. (Like it was no big deal.)
This is when I realized I should probably go see the damage.
We went in to find a very unhappy Dad (Jason) picking up almost the whole can of turtle food. Oops! Bec and I busted up laughing! We couldn't stop laughing thinking about how Kyden was helping Braden feed Squirt, the turtle. I don't know who was supposed to be watching the boys, but apparently no one was. Jason wasn't happy because Braden woke him up to tell him about the turtle and food. The food was all over the floor and in the tank. We spent a while fishing all the food out. Although I thought it was pretty funny, I also worried about the health of the turtle since it is my brother's and his wife (Mike and Angie). They left the food on the floor for my mom to feed it and Kyden decided to take matters into his own hands and feed it himself. He is so mischievious! What a goof ball! The turtle is fine and Kyden still loves to look at it and get into it
These pictures were taken mostly after it was all cleaned up so you can't really see the damage, but it sure was funny.




1 comment:

Odelsa said...

They were just trying to feed the poor turtle! I hope they didn't get into any trouble...Those boys are PERFECT!