Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pea Party

I know that everyone who has talked to me probably thinks this post is about potty training, but it's not! Braden still has no interest in peeing in the toilet, but I am told by many that it will come and to not rush it. I don't know how to rush it because he just won't do it! Anyway, today we were outside enjoying the "fruits of our labor"--peas from our garden. Braden said "This is fun! We're having a pea party!" I thought it was pretty creative and funny of him to say that. The peas were very good. I don't really like peas cooked, but I could eat them fresh from the garden all day long. The boys enjoyed them too.
I would bite the peas out of the pod for me so Kyden was trying to do the same thing. Funny boy!

Mouthful of peas!
Cucumber man! He loves cucumbers from the garden. He can peel it by himself, help me cut it, and eat almost the whole thing. They are super good. Me and Jason's first garden (when Braden was a baby) was a disaster--it was a weed patch with a couple peas, beans, carrots, strawberries, and very bitter cucumbers growing within the weeds. So, we have always been a bit cautious about planting cucumbers because they were so bitter that first year, but these cucumbers this year are fabulous.
Our garden! --At the grandparents house of course since we don't have our own house yet. So, we have had a lot of help keeping it weeded, watered, and looking nice. Kyden likes to just trample all over everything.
Helping Grandma mow the lawn. Of course, they both couldn't ride at once so they took turns. What good little boys!

Kyden has more hair at a year than Braden had at 2 years so I haven't been able to bring myself to cut it yet. Plus, I just love the blond little curls. He might end up a blond like me for a couple years (mine got darker obviously). And he still doesn't have a ton of hair on top, just at the bottom--yes, he has a mullet, but I don't care. Jason had one too growing up.Just a side note--To all of you who have made a comment or talked to us about missing us in the ward, thank you!! We miss all of you too and it means a lot to us to hear that! And when I see anyone from the ward, it makes me miss it more. We are grateful for all the friends we have made in the ward and will always remember how wonderful you all are! We loved the ward and are sad to start a new adventure in life, but that's how the times roll. We are sad, but excited to see what the next year will bring for us. So, keep in touch! We love you all! (And no, we haven't found a house yet, but we will. I'll keep you posted! You'll be hearing all about it I'm sure!)

6 comments:

Jess said...

Adorable pictures! I can't wait for our peas! They aren't quite ready, but soon!
Gardens are a lot of work, but so worth it!
We miss you guys, but understand that change is good! We are in the process of change too and some days it feels like craziness! But then I stop and realize it is the right thing and will work out!

Odelsa said...

Nothing like yummy food from the garden, always the best!

Braden will get potty trained when he wants to, don't worry. He might surprised you.

You Can't cut Kyden's hair it's too cute...

Even if you are in our ward you still have to come see me and when I'm done with this huge thing I'm carrying around I'll come see you. DEAL? okay!

Carlson Clan said...

I'm so jealous that you have peas! We just planted corn since we don't really know what we're doing (this is our first garden) and we decided if we stuck with one thing it would probably all grow the same. Peas are my favorite though and we're definitely doing it next year!

Stefanie Sayre said...

cute boys! looks like you guys are having a good summer. are you guys still house shopping or are you putting that on hold? hope everything is gong great for you both. We miss you in the ward!

Dot said...

hey--love the garden! Those boys are so dang cute! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Taunya Spaulding said...

candi~i totally don't even mind that you blog stocked me! i do it all the time!!! :) feel free to look at it anytime! if it's ok with you I added you to my blog list! your boys are so adorable and i love working on brayden at the dentist! he's so good!