Friday, July 3, 2009

Living at the Dentist

Braden went to the dentist to get his teeth cleaned about a month ago and guess what they found?! Yes, cavities galore!! Guess he got the wonderful genes from the parents! I really am not a bad parent--we took him to the dentist about 6 months before to have his teeth checked out and they looked alright, but not now. I have horrible teeth and Jason has okay teeth but had lots of cavities when he was little so our children are doomed!! When we're all done with the rounds of fillings, Braden will have visited the dentist 5 times (one being the 1st cleaning) and he's only 3! I feel so bad! We have already gone 3 times, so only 2 to go and it's not going to be pretty. He did fabulous on his first visit. He was such a big boy and they were so good with him. This picture was taken on his second visit. Going good so far--although if you look close, his bottom lip is going numb so his smile is funny. The teeth that the dentist filled was on the bottom and was really hard on Braden. The water kept gagging him and then they had to numb him some more. He was not a happy camper, but we made it through. Might I add that this visit was the only time I had to take Kyden with me and Braden had a hard time. Heavenly Father blessed me though because Kyden was wonderful. Let me just say that Braden doesnt' want to go to the dentist again, so wish me luck next time. But Braden really has been so good and the staff is so wonderful!

Random picture but if you look closely, you will see the big shoe Kyden is wearing. We were at my Grandparents house and he comes walking in with this shoe over his shoe. It was pretty funny! He loves shoes! If you ask him to find his shoes, he'll usually get the one that is closest which is usually a big one!

5 comments:

Stefanie Sayre said...

dang it! I know how you feel. except I'm a bad wife... It had been well over 7 years since Cory and I had been to the dentist, and last time we went; Cory had to have a root canal and a crown done, plus he had 7 cavities, and I had 3. Yikes... needless to say; it's expensive if you don't stay on top of your teeth! : )

Odelsa said...

It looks like Braden did well at the dentist. I have yet to take Colin but everytime Bayden goes he has soooo many things that need fixing, it's all those yummy treats you bring over :)

Have a wonderful 4th of july!

Jessica said...

I'm glad Braden was a trooper! That's hard! I hated getting one cavity filled, let alone a few like Braden! You'll have to let him know that me, Trav and Brie are very proud of him! We love ya'!

derrickandlisadye said...

It's never fun taking kids to the dentist. Poor guy. At least he has a fun play set to go home to afterwards. It was fun catching up on your blog!!! Your boys are so adorable!!!

Tamara said...

Poor little guy! What a trooper! I hate the dentist because I have horrible teeth and so does Daiko. Our kids will be in the same boat:(