Friday, April 23, 2010

I admire...

I admire families who have 4 children age 4 and under. I just couldn't do it! Good job to those of you who do! I think I would go crazy or something. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love children but I just couldn't have so many little bodies around 24/7. Once they get older, I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad as far as having to keep an eye on there ever curious minds. I just started babysitting my 2 cousins once a week for about 4 hours while there mom goes to work. I have been watching the older one off and on since she was a baby, but just added the little one who is 2 months old. The first day I watched them, I was holding Hadlee and thought to myself wow, if we had a baby every year, this would be my set up. Braden 4, Quincy 3, Kyden 2, and Hadlee 2 months. I'm not blogging about this because it was awful--it went really good having them all here. I can just see how it could get crazy having them all the time. I guess I would adjust like I do with everything else in life. Can you imagine 4 or more BABIES all at the same time--oh craziness!

Here's a picture of them all together. I love having these little girls in our home since we are all boy. There are actually 2 more girls in that family that the boys just love also.
What a cutie pie!
Kyden loves babies, but I'm sure if it was his baby that was at his house all the time, he wouldn't like them so much. He was sad when baby Hadlee was gone when he woke up from his nap-- and he was even awake to tell her by. Proud little boy.
When Hadlee was born, Braden told Jason that he didn't want any more sisters, just brothers. Jason said you don't have any sisters and then he started naming off all the cousins he plays with (which are all girls). Jason had to explain that those aren't sisters. But he has been very adamant about not wanting a sister ever, but the other day he softened when Hadlee was here and she smiled at him. He said he would take a sister someday. Who knows, he'll probably end up with all brothers!
Kyder's at Grandpa's office playing with his tractors--John Deere of course!
The boys!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I totally agree, I don't think I could ever do it. In fact I think this is our last one becuase I really don't even think I could handle 4 kids! especially one every year! good for you to even be babysitting that many :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

JOHN DEERE OF COURSE is right!! :) I also admire the families with 4 kids but I also think how people do it with 2!! I'm just very thankful I didn't get blessed with twins or something....AH!! :)Cute picutres and very handsome boys!

The Carters said...

I am so with you...I know a couple of people who have a few little ones pretty close together-I would totally LOSE IT! I can barely handle myself with just one...pretty nervous for number 2 to come along.
It looks like you're doing great with extra kids though...they all look happy!