Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

I love Easter, but this year it just crept up on us too fast. We spent the weekend in Utah with family and friends. Jason had a mission reunion Friday night so we decided a couple weeks ago to make a weekend of it. My parents ended up getting tickets to conference so they decided to go, my sister lives in Salt Lake, and one of my brothers lives in Logan and came for a day so we all stayed together in the same hotel. It was a lot of fun. Friday we spent more than 3 hours in IKEA. I LOVE THAT STORE! I wish they had one in Idaho (but then I would probably spend more money). Now Jason understands how you can spend 3 hours in one store--it's huge! The boys were great and actually enjoyed it. We also ate lunch there which was fabulous. I think the price is great for the quality of food you get--at least with my meal.

I'm glad we went to Jason's mission reunion. It was fun to see some of the guys (and there wives) Jason went to Haiti with a couple weeks ago.

Before we left, Braden wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny telling him/her (???) that we were going to be in Utah and drew a map for him. He also asked him if he would come on Saturday instead of Sunday because that's when the Easter Bunny always came to me when I was a kid so that left Sunday to celebrate the true meaning of Easter. And he was one lucky boy because the Easter Bunny found him (and his brother I guess).


Rolling Easter eggs with there nose with Aunt Bec.

So, of all mornings, Kyden decided to get up at 6:45 Saturday morning to find Easter eggs. And what can you do with a little boy in a hotel room full of eggs filled with candy and sleeping people (since we were up until midnight the night before). Feed him chocolate!! He found an egg, tried opening it, gave it to me to open, I opened it, showed him what was inside, he looked at the chocolate eggs, licked his lips, and put all 3 Cadbury eggs in his mouth! Funny boy!

Swimming after egg hunting and breakfast. We had a blast! Probably the most fun I've had swimming in a long time and I don't like swimming much at all! Braden didn't want to get out and Kyden talks about it everyday since then.

Kyden and Grandpa in the hot tub.


Kyden sees G&G P's dogs fetch balls so he has started acting like them (luckily not all the time). He gets mad when he can't bite whatever he is trying to pick up and take somewhere. Here he is playing fetch!
And Kyden wearing my glasses! What a goof!

What a great weekend! Jason and I went to the Saturday afternoon session in the Conference Center. It is so wonderful to be in that huge building with so many people joined together in reverence and peace. There were so many wonderful messages shared throughout every session of conference. I will for sure have to listen to all the talks again because they were all so good--that's my goal for the next couple of months. It's funny how conference takes on a whole new meaning the older you get (at least that's how I feel). As a child, I was lucky if I could sit and listen (do both) only Sunday morning. Now, I want to listen to every session to hear what they will teach! It is always refreshing (and a bit overwhelming) to hear the things they say. I felt like they talked a lot about mothers and children. What a huge responsibility we have to care for these precious spirits, but what a wonderful opportunity. I am grateful for the gospel and for Christs love for me. I am truly blessed!!




3 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

I completely agree with you about Conference. It was great and I definitely enjoy it more now that I'm older. Unfortunately my kids still keep me from hearing all the sessions! Oh well, that's what the Ensign is for right?

It looks like you guys had a great Easter. I love the idea of the Easter bunny coming on Saturday. That is so great. Your boys are as cute as ever!

Taunya Spaulding said...

it looks like you guys had a fun easter weekend! i love that braden wrote the easter bunny a letter! that's so funny! :)

Odelsa said...

I so need a weekend away. This looked so fun. It's nice to get away, specially for conferance.

yes, we need to see you. We miss you!