Saturday, April 18, 2009

Clarification...

Yes, for all those who didn't know or forgot, Kyden was born in our car. Of course, not by choice, but it really wasn't that bad. It made delivery a whole lot easier. Short story--Contractions were strong at home and coming and going for a couple hours, but not regular like when I was in labor with Braden (Jason could have told me when I was going to have another contraction). Getting ready to head to hospital and my water broke. Contractions really picked up then. Was fine until Sunnyside and then I felt like I needed to push. And that's when Jason stepped on the gas and sped 70 miles an hour (or faster) in a 40 speed zone! Yes, I was screaming because it hurt and I knew from experience that the baby was getting close to being born. We pulled into the hospital and Kyden's head came out (because as all of you mom's know, you can't not push when you need to--it's impossible). Jason ran around the car waiving to the people inside and got the door open just in time to welcome baby Kyden into the world!! Yahoo! It was great! We love our little Kyden though! He's a little bit more of a firecracker than Braden was, but he's wonderful! I just can't get enough of him!!

1 comment:

rigbyspot said...

I love that story! You're one tough momma!