Saturday, March 20, 2010

We love Sunshine

We are so excited to see some sunshine and play outside a bit! It helps the days pass by until we can play outside everyday without freezing our buns off! But I now have to lock the deadbolt, not to keep people out, but to keep Kyden from sneaking outside. I'm afraid he's the child that will always push his limit. He's already ran into the road a handful of times. Oh boy!
Kyden thought he was so cool under this laundry basket. One of his favorite things to do now is drag our laundry basket out to the front room, dump all the clothes out, spread them everywhere, and play with the basket. The boys love to make messes but they don't realize that I spend the majority of my day picking up after them. It's great! Guess some things have to give when you become a mom--dinner doesn't always get going on time, the house is hardly ever clean, some days go by and I wonder "What did I accomplish today?", pj days are a must, .... I have to remind myself that this stage of life will pass and to enjoy everyday the best I can. The days of taking care of children will be over before I know it and it will be a sad day. My boys test my patience, but I love them so much. I don't know what I would do without them. It's hard to think back to life before kids. It seems so weird.
Here doggie, here doggie! Kyden begged Jason for a bone from his ribs and thought he was so cool trying to eat it. He just didn't get that it was hard and he couldn't eat it. Although Jason does tell us about the Haitian people who would eat the bones. They love to suck the marrow out. Not my ideal food.
Braden and Kyden were invited to my cousin, Quincy, birthday party at Blast-Off. It was the first time they had been there and they loved it. Now that's where Braden wants to have his birthday party. We'll see about that one.

If you look close, you can see that Kyden is wearing some of Braden's boxer underwear over his pants. He put them on by himself and wore them all day. He thought he was pretty cool (well he always does). I think that Jason was a bit embarrassed because we took him dinner at work that night and I didn't want to fight with Kyden to take them off so I let him wear the underwear. Whatever--pick your battles!

I finally took on the adventure of making homemade bread. I think it turned out pretty well especially since I realized my Kitchen Aid wasn't big enough half way through so it was a mess. Oh well, good learning experience anyway.
Another pile of toys and books and stuff. The boys favorite thing to do. I don't get how that is a fort, but it sure it to them. The things they come up with! Quite the imagination.
I found Braden one night asleep in his bed just like this. I had to take a picture.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My boys love laundry baskets too. We spend all that money on toys and they love the everyday stuff.

Cass said...

Funny boys. Being a mom is so much about surving the day to day isn't it. Loving the sun here also. We can't get enough of the outside. We bought swimsuits for the season today. Love the sun. Wish we closer to play all summer.