Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Hearts Go Out To...

Our hearts go out to the people in Haiti. Jason served his mission there and as a missionary became a part of many families there. He loves the people. When the earthquake hit, he wanted to know everything he could about it. And I don't blame him. It was sad to me but I don't really have many ties to anyone there. He now has the opportunity to serve them again. He left for Haiti with US Aid Thursday to translate for doctors or whoever, help clear out fallen buildings so they can rebuild, and whatever they need him to do. He will be gone for 2-3 weeks. I know that he will be blessed while he is there. I know that I am being blessed also with comfort because I worry about him but I am at peace when I do worry. I really am so glad that he has gotten this opportunity to go. He truly loves the Haitian people and this is his chance to go back and really make a difference. The Lord has a hand in everything because this trip came together in less than a week and everything worked out so he could go. Also, the first day he was there, he saw one of the only families that he really wanted to see while he was down there. The Lord makes miracles. I admire him for going! He is amazing and I am so blessed to be his wife! Good luck babe! Love you tons!




7 comments:

Jess said...

This is so awesome! It brings tears to my eyes! I saw it on the news and have been wanting to tell you! Hope all is well while he is gone and what an opportunity for him to give service, but receive blessings at the same time. Thanks for sharing! :)

Odelsa said...

Oh my gosh! I'm reading this so late and I am so happy that Jason had a chance to go...Kyle and I have been feeling like we should pack up and go help but ofcors that's impossible!

I am so proud of you guys for your efforts. Haiti really needs it. Thank you so much to Jason and to you for the support. I love that country! Sharing an Island with them and seeing firsthand the poverty, my heart aches for them. I'm so glad to have people like you guys around.

Valerie said...

Wow that is such a great opportunity for him to get to go back to serve and help. You're right, the Lord has his hand in everything and how great that everything came together for Jason to go. I am sure he feels love and support form all of his friends and family and especially you. I hope he is able to help out so much while he is there.

Carlson Clan said...

Wow that is so awesome. That is great that he was willing to help. Good luck while he is gone!! I'm sure you guys will be so blessed for making this sacrifice.

Taunya Spaulding said...

That's really cool that he's over there helping them out but i'd be a nervous wreck worrying about him the whole time! i hope he's enjoying his time there and i hope you're doing ok as well!

Unknown said...

Candi, Port and I saw this on the news! You are a brave wife for letting him go. Jason is awesome for even having the desire. Hopefully he will be able to do a lot of good for the people of Haiti!

Stefanie Sayre said...

I am so glad that Jason is able to help the people in Haiti out a second time. let me know if you need any company or want to do something. you are an awesome wife to let your husband do this once in a lifetime opportunity!