Thursday, January 14, 2010

Little Missionary

Uncle Jesse, or Elder Peterson to the people in Korea, sent a letter home and challenged us all to read the Book of Mormon before he gets home the 1st part of July. Part of the goal is to color things about Christ in different colors. Well, we decided to accept this challenge and do it as a family. Jason brought 3 Book of Mormons home one day and explained to Braden what we were going to do with them. Braden got super excited. He now loves to "color" in his very own Book of Mormon. I found him one afternoon on the couch with his Book of Mormon and I had to take a picture. The faith of a child--isn't it amazing? I think, actually I know, my boys are teaching me more than I teach them. I love seeing them grow up--as much as I want them little forever, I love seeing them change and learn. Braden is now in Primary and absolutely loves it! Now, after fighting with him for a year and a half to go to nursery, we were sure we'd have our hands full trying to get him to Primary. But we are shocked to say that he looks forward to Primary and asks everyday if it's Sunday. He had a Primary Activity last Saturday and I was worried that I would have to stay the whole time with him, but to my surprise he let me leave him at the church for an hour and a half. He is growing up! I can't believe it! The Primary activity was so awesome and he loved the whole thing. Everyone got to wear there pj's, eat breakfast (pancakes, sausage, milk, juice), and watch his teacher, who is a Chemistry teacher, do experiments (volcano, grow warts, egg in a bottle...)! He has a wonderful teacher which I am so happy about!


My mom caught Kyden a couple months ago holding my Dad's scriptures coloring in them with a red pencil. Although he's not supposed to do that, it was pretty cute! Crazy what those little one's pick up on isn't it?! But the picture is on my mom's camera so no picture today!

5 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

That is so sweet. What a good thing to teach your kids when they're so little. I have hope now for Weston that he might one day like church! 8 months of nursery and he still bawls the whole time!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that is so precious. it really is amazing what things little kids pick up on :)

Unknown said...

I love this! Your boys are so cute! I love it when my kids help me to remember what is important.

Cass said...

That is so cute. It always amazing me what kids pick up on and their faith. You're a good little mom. I miss you guys!

KELLI said...

I love it! I bet your boys love having their OWN scriptures. I teach primary and it is so much fun! I love the family pic...so cute in the field!