Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We went camping Memorial Day Weekend and it was FREEZING!! It was fun but sometimes I wonder why we go when it's still so cold in the mountains. Last year was a lot warmer so I guess that's why we go. While we were there, it rained, snowed, hailed, with a little bit of sunshine. We spent most of the time in the camper watching movies, reading, and relaxing. I would have refused to go camping if we didn't have a camping to stay in. Camping in a tent would have been miserable and I wouldn't haven't lasted one night!! I hate being cold, yet I'm cold all the time! The boys actually stayed there longer than us with Grandpa and Grandma. Jason had to teach on Sunday so we came home. And although I wasn't there the whole time, both Jason and I were wiped out!! Being cold and doing nothing really knocked us out! We took a 2 or more hour nap on Sunday--NO BOYS! It was nice but we missed the boys!

Kyden and Grandpa on the 4-wheeler! He loves that thing. He would stay on it all day if we'd let him--even if his fingers are ice!

Dad and Braden

6 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

John and I wanted to go camping too but we (actually me) were wusses and couldn't stand the fact that i'd be freezing and miserable-so we didn't go! :) I'm the EXACT same way as you-i hate being cold, but i'm always cold!!!

looks like you guys had a lot of fun though on the four-wheelers! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Camping is such a great activity for little boys!

Cass said...

camping... you are so brave. It looks cold! At least you have a memoriable weekend to blog about!! Miss you guys!

KELLI said...

oh wow! i bet you guys froze your buns off. but i bet it was fun!

Odelsa said...

This looked like fun. Glad you had a camper. I'm not a camping girl but I'm afraid with boys there is no way to get out of it now...for us it will be in a tent.

Where are you my friend? That's it I'm stopping by!

Elliot and Traci said...

I haven’t looked at your blog for a while. Your pictures are so cute, but that’s probably just because your boys are so darn cute. :) I love Kyden’s grin on the 4-wheeler. Pure joy. I’m so glad I got to go on the hike with you guys. It was fun and nice to get out! Looks like Braden was a good help in the garden… and Kyden did a good job with his footprints! I’ll have to stop by sometime soon. Hope you’re doing good!