Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in...Hawaii

Yes, we had Thanksgiving in Kauai, Hawaii! Lunch was served up with p.b. and jelly sandwiches, carrots, water and tuxedo cookies! What a feast! We did go to a lauai (don't know how to spell) for dinner which was a ton of fun and super yummy! Braden loved the fire guy and the dancers! We spent a week in Hawaii with my family. The boys were great! I started worrying about them the closer it got to the trip, but they were wonderful on the 4 airplane rides and the many car rides. It was so nice to just be away for a week together every day not having to worry about a thing! Everyone needs a week like that! The weather was perfect--we couldn't have asked for a better week. It was pouring rain when we flew in and rained for about a day. It was calling for rain the whole week, but it didn't rain again until we flew out! What a blessing! So, we saw a lot of sun on the beach and pretty green scenery! My cousin and his wife were there too with her family and we got to see them which was fun especially being so far from home!

Braden loved the sand and water! He cried ever time we had to leave! He was so much fun! He thinks we are going back in the morning!Kyden loved being outside and we had to work hard to keep him from eating the sand, but he hated the water!On a hike down to Secret Beach where we all got eaten alive by mosquitos and just about died coming out of there from the steep incline!Grandpa and Braden playing in the sand. Good thing Grandpa came along (since this trip was his idea) to keep Braden entertained!
Grandma was so nice to watch the little boys while the rest of us went zip-lining over canyons and water on 8 different lines and 1 suspension bridge. It was a ton of fun and thanks mom for watching the boys. (She went ziplining when they came to Hawaii in January so she didn't care if she went or not.)The crew--Bec, Ray, Dad, Eric, Mike, Angie, Candi, Jason (Mom, Braden, and Kyden at condo).At Secret Beach. We went there 2 different days--one day the boys played in the waves for 2 hours or more but the second day the waves were huge. No one even got close. We decided to leave after about an hour there and go to a different beach where the waves weren't so big and right after we got everything picked up, a huge wave came crashing in where we were sitting! Good thing we moved--especially the little boys! Scary!
Grandpa and Kyden! First time Kyden got his little toes in the water! He's not so sure!

We flew out Saturday night at 9:30pm (12:30am our time) so Braden was tuckered out!
We are so grateful we were able to spend a week with my family! I love my family and am so grateful for them! They are the best (along with my in-laws who are wonderful--couldn't ask for any better ones--honestly, I'm not just saying that)! I have been blessed to the max! Thanks Dad and Mom for a wonderful week! We love you!

9 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like so much fun!!!! What a treat! Cute family picture! Did you get the picture I dropped off? Did you get the email of the Gospel Book? Also, were the pictures I dropped off the ones you wanted or did you want copies of the ones I sent in the email! I confused myself! Hope to see you soon! :)

bridgetrussell said...

I am so jealous:) It looks like you guys had a blast. Those are some of the cutest pictures. Derek told me that Jason said Hawaii was "horrible" ha ha. Glad you guys had fun!

Cass said...

I can't believe I talked to you on the phone and it didn't come up you spent a week in Hawaii. I am so jealous. It looks like it was a really fun trip. What a great way to spend thanksgiving.

Hansenblog said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I'm jealous. And by the way...I love the new family photo at the top. Very cute.

Tamara said...

So fun!!! I could have pb and j for Thanksgiving if I spent it that way. Your blog is so cute and you have an adorable family.

Stefanie Sayre said...

know wonder it's been awhile since I last saw you. I thought you guys left the ward. I'm glad you guys got to go on that trip. You both deserved it. How fun!

The Pearsons said...

I agree with everyone else, cute family picture, no better place than Hawaii. Glad you guys had such a fun time. Maybe just maybe we'll get to visit there someday. Hope to see ya soon.

Carlson Clan said...

Hey Candi! I saw your blog on Bridget's. You look great and your boys are adorable. I'm jealous of your time in Hawaii! That's awesome. Hope things are well for you!
Jen

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love Hawaii! Their is just something in the air there. Your boy are getting so big! Tell your famliy Hello for me. Maybe we'll get to see you guys when we come up for Christmas!